Watch Learn Know: Database of educational videos.

Posted in Classroom, General, Humanities/ Topics, and Literacy

It is interesting where the internet can lead you. Today I was searching for and reading the latest early childhood journal articles which looked at the use of technology and their effects on literacy and play in the early years and I happened to stumble across the website which is the focus of today’s post. Don’t ask me how I went from journal articles to a website which categorises educational videos but I did. This is how kids can also get a little lost and distracted on the internet lol

watch know learnWatch, Know,Learn is a US based website which relies on it’s members and a select editorial board to add educational videos and rate them. These videos are sourced from a number of websites including you tube, slide share, teacher tube etc.

WatchKnowLearn has indexed approximately 50,000 educational videos, placing them into a directory of over 5,000 categories. The videos are available without any registration or fees to teachers in the classroom, as well as parents and students at home 24/7. Users can dive into our innovative directory or search for videos by subject and age level. Video titles, descriptions, age level information, and ratings are all edited for usefulness. (copied verbatim from the website).

There are 6384 videos under the category language arts. It is work a look.

Be First to Comment