Yesterdays post was an interactive advent calendar which focused on Christmas traditions around the world. Another website; Why Christmas.com is a good site to read about Christmas around the world. the information is well presented and quite easy to read. http://www.whychristmas.com/cultures/.
This information could be used for a variety of learning activities.
1. Could be used as a comprehension activity.
2. Children could use a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast two countries.
3. Children could use imovie to create a documentary on a particular country.
4. The readings could be used in a guided reading group
6. Create a thinglink on Christmas around the world.
7. Using the online postcard creator create postcards written from children in that country describing their Christmas celebrations.
8. Use the online newspaper creators and create a newspaper from a country describing their Christmas celebrations.
9. Create a magazine cover or poster advertising why people should visit a country for Christmas